Tuesday 30 October 2012

:)

Week 2 weigh in went ALOT better than week 1...

I've lost 3lbs!!

So happy with that! Still got a long way to go, though. I must keep focused!

Babysitting has dried up a little bit lately, what with it being half-term now and all. To be honest, I'm glad of it! It's given me a chance to get into studying properly, now the course has got more in-depth. My TMA was submitted a while ago, so I'm still awaiting my feedback from it. I'm hopeful that it's gone well, but there were probably a few mistakes. I forgot to add the self reflection document with it, which would mean that I lose 5 marks, but I emailed it to my tutor and he said it's fine. Phew!

I've had a chat with my dad and we think that it may be sensible for me to cut down m hours at work a little, so that I can have 1 1/2 or 2 days off to study, and so that I can keep up with the babysitting, as I feel that it is incredibly relevant to what I would like to do as a career, and it is all VERY valuable experience that I'm sure any prospective employers would value highly. We have yet to decide what my hours will be cut down to, and I have been monitoring phone call rates to try and work out when the busiest days/times are, but it's so hard to predict- no two days/weeks are the same! I think it may be a better idea to perhaps have a rota system that gets updated week by week, so it's adaptable.

To be quite honest, I'm looking forward to having a bit of time to myself, so that I can go to the gym if I fancy it, or take on a bit more babysitting if I dont have to work that day, and of course being able to study at my own pace. The only downside is that I will be earning a lot less money and, being on a £5 per hour wage, isn't going to be fun!

I'm sure I'll cope, though. Technically, I'm a student, so I'm supposed to be poor, right?

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment