Monday 24 September 2012

3 days to go...

3 days to go until my OU Module website is open. Although it is also only 2 days until I go on holiday.

Slightly more excited about the latter!

Although, still looking forward to going on the Module Website, getting my tutor's details, etc. I have heard that a few people's first tutorials are on the 6th October, which is the Saturday I come back from holiday. And also the night of my boyfriend's best mate's wedding (who is marrying my half-cousin, coincidentally!), but I wont be attending until the night time anyway.

Studying last week was fairly good, if tiring. I managed 6 1/2 hours in total. I could've squeezed in more on the weekend, but I ended up going out on Saturday night and having quite a big hangover on Sunday! Also, Warren was out on a stag do in Edinburgh all weekend, and came home on Sunday, so I was quite excited about seeing him for the first time in about 5 days.

I had a chat with Mum on Thursday night and she said that she thinks I have taken on too much, with all this babysitting, working and studying. I can see her point, and to be honest, I don't think I could keep it all up for much longer. We had a lengthy discussion and came to the conclusion that something will have to give sooner or later. I really don't want it to be babysitting, because I really enjoy it, and I get money for it. On the other hand, it does take up a large chunk of my time and does involve a lot of travelling. My main point was that I didn't want to give up babysitting Gabe, because I just simply couldn't. I'm far too attached, and I'd feel like I was letting Emma down. However, I also don't want to give up with William and Oliver because I've only just started, so it would feel like quite a cop out, and I love being around them. Plus it puts an  extra £36 a week in my pocket.

In the end, mum said she'd have a chat with Dad to see if I could get my hours cut on a Friday afternoon, which is normally never very busy, from 9am-1pm. This would be SO INCREDIBLY HELPFUL, because it's the only night I don't babysit, so I can come home and just concentrate solely on studying for as many hours as I need to catch up.

I don't think she's had a chat to Dad about it yet, so I'll wait to hear.

Am currently sitting with a face-mask on. Feeling my face get tighter and tighter and more cement-like by the minute.































Best go scrub it off...

No comments:

Post a Comment